Over the past couple of months we’ve learned the following about the Queen of Talk:
- She fractured her shoulder without much explanation
- Wendy Williams took a 2 month hiatus that left staff members wondering about their jobs
- She’s been living in a sober living house
- She’s been battling sobriety (see above) and at one point left her sober living house, got drunk and was found in a such a state she had to be hospitalized.
- Her husband had been cheating on her with a long-time mistress who recently gave birth to his child.
And now the latest news is pretty stark, if your name is Kelvin Hunter. Last Friday morning, Wendy served him with divorce papers at 6:30 A.M. He was later photographed driving a new Rolls Royce and his mistress in a new Ferrari. The divorce papers cite irreconcilable differences and that the 20 year marriage had been over for about 6 months.
However, this divorce is going to be no easy thing. Kelvin is her manager, is an executive producer on the show, and he is completely involved in her business. Not only are they divorcing but I imagine the business relationship may be changing as well although there is no news on that yet.
This morning, Wendy was on the air and made this announcement about her divorce and how her life is going to move forward along side news that she is moving out of sober living some time this week.
We are all looking forward to the bounce back after this rocky ride. I wonder if there will be a new memoir telling us all about this terrible tale and how she has grown from it and how she escaped. There have been all sorts of rumors and it would be great if she could clear the air and quiet a few people (Charlamagne tha god) and many others who have said so much during this story.